Since the passing of the historical legislation on Marijuana in 2014, residents of New York now have a comparatively easier access to a Medical Marijuana card.
Previously, New York was known to have one of the strictest and rigorous medical marijuana programs in the US. However, with the passing of this legislation, the process has become less time consuming, inexpensive and convenient.
We outline how to get a Medical Marijuana card and the conditions that qualify you for one.
Do You Meet the Requirements?
- Deadly conditions such as HIV, Cancer, ALS, spine-related injury, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathy, Huntington’s disease,Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis have also been defined by the Department of Health as qualifying diseases.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is also recognized as a severe ailment that qualifies you.
- As early as 2017, Chronic Pain has been added to the list of qualifying ailments. Approved by Health Commissioner, Dr. Howard A. Zucker, it constitutes any form of excruciating pain in the body that causes a downfall in your overall health and functionality and has severe side effects.
- Patients suffering from any of the following conditions are also eligible for the card:cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe nausea, seizures, and severe or persistent muscle spasms.
How to Apply
- Gather your medical records and recent history, then consult with a practitioner who is registered with the New York State Department of Health’s Medical Marijuana Program. You can also consult a doctor online.
- If the practitioner deems your condition to be appropriate for medically administered marijuana treatments then they will issue a certification for medical marijuana.
- For residents of New York, a proof of residence and photo ID must be provided.
- Once you have received the certification, you can proceed to submitting your application on the U.S. Department of Health’s online Patient Registration System. You should receive your card via mail within 10 days.
Get You The Help You Need!
Indica MD is an online telehealth platform that provides a fast, easy and trusted service for obtaining your Medical Marijuana Card online in New York and California.
If you are looking for a streamlined service to get your medical marijuana card without drowning in paper work or making unnecessary visits to your doctor’s office, call now to get our professional help.