Over the years, marijuana use has become increasingly common in St. Cloud. Patients rely on this powerful remedy for a wide range of illnesses, including depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and Alzheimer’s disease, among many others.
And while recreational marijuana possession is illegal in St. Cloud, patients can easily obtain medical marijuana certification to avoid breaking the law. While you may think that using medical marijuana without possessing official certification isn’t that big of a deal, the consequences are downright detrimental. If caught, you could face serious penalties, including up to five years of jail time and fines of $10,000 or more.
At IndicaMD, we help patients avoid this hassle and risk by providing easy certification. Our medical cannabis telemedicine service is designed to make things much easier for you so you can prioritize your well-being without worrying about legal penalties.
How Should I Get Started?
Prior to applying for certification, you need to ascertain whether you qualify for the process.
Patients who suffer from one of the following conditions are eligible to apply for medical marijuana certification:
- Cancer with severe pain, cancer-related chronic pain, extreme vomiting, cachexia, nausea, or severe wasting
- Tourette syndrome
- Autism, if the DSM-V criteria for autism are met
- Intractable pain
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Terminal illness if the patient has a life expectancy of less than one year and the illness results in severe and chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, or cachexia or severe wasting
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Extreme and frequent muscle spasms
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Chronic pain (effective Aug. 2020)
- Age-related macular degeneration (effective Aug. 2020)
- Sickle cell disease
At IndicaMD, we’ve made the process as seamless as possible. Simply register online and fill out a questionnaire. You’ll be required to share your medical history, basic information, and background.
Once we’ve determined that you qualify for the application process, we’ll proceed with the video call. Our HIPAA-compliant system ensures 100% safety, protection, and confidentiality. You’ll virtually meet with our medical marijuana doctors and discuss your condition so they can grant approval.
Shortly afterward, you’ll receive a printed, signed, and embossed recommendation letter that will help you proceed with the process required by the Minnesota Department of Health’s Office of Medical Cannabis (OMC). As the most vital step for the procedure, obtaining a licensed doctor’s recommendation will make the rest of the journey much easier.
Sign Up Online to Apply for Medical Marijuana Certification in St. Cloud
We help patients across St. Cloud easily sign up and apply for medical marijuana certification. Follow our registration link to get started. Fill out the form, and we’ll contact you shortly for the video call.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at (844) 930-2568. We’re always happy to help!
- Effective July 1, 2023, the annual enrollment fee will be eliminated.
- Effective Aug. 1, 2023, a patient’s initial certification visit with a health care practitioner can be conducted via telemedicine.
- Effective March 1, 2025, patients will be required to get recertified for their qualifying medical condition every three years, instead of every year.
- Effective March 1, 2025, the age for registered caregivers to purchase cannabis flower will be 18, rather than 21.
While the tax on adult-use cannabis product sales will be 10% (in addition to state and local sales taxes), medical cannabis products will continue to be tax-free.
The Medical Cannabis Program will establish an alternative certification procedure for veterans who receive care from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to confirm that the veteran has been diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition. The new application procedure will be effective Jan. 1, 2024. We will share more about this procedure at a later date.